Monday, February 18, 2008

My Family

I'm writing on a Monday because: I have a friend coming over and I don't want to blog while he is here so that's why I'm blogging now ( Plus I have nothing to do while my mom and sister watch an aweful movie, "Pride and Prejeduce")

So I'm going to make my first post about my family:






First, there's my mom and dad, who, amazingly, were born on the same day, Jan. 17, just in different years. I mean, what are the chances of a boy and a girl who were born on the same day in different years grow up to marry? Here is a pic of them in california about 2-4 years ago:


Then, there's my older sister, Hannah, who has her own blog too, who sings about every hour that she's not asleep, and who has her clothes and hair do's in chronological order. But ultimatley, she's pretty nice...sometimes. I can't post a pic of Hannah because Dad took his laptop with him so I have to use my mom's old, worn out laptop which, for some reason will not let me post a pic of her! :( You can just go to her blog to see pics. It's http://www.hannah-indiana.blogspot.com/.

Then, there's my little brother Drew, the worlds cutest baby ever. He already LOVES football and loves to wrestle and pull people's ears. I would show you a pic, but you know why I can't, so just remember that when you don't see anymore pics throughout the rest of this post.

Then, There's our Mamaw and Papaw on our Mom's side who live across the street from us. Papaw loves NCAA basketball and is one of Drew's favorite people. Mamaw loves the liftime channel on network TV no matter what kind of movie it is. Me and Hannah spend the night there every Saturday night and eat the world's best french toast every Sunday morning before we have house church and sometimes on Saturday mornings, too.

Then there's our Grandparents on my dad's side:

Papaw Bob and Sandy, who go to Florida every winter to escape the cold and make INCREDIBLE dinners.

And Granny Joe and Papaw Buddy, but I'm very sad to say that Papaw Buddy died in the summer of '05. But about Granny Joe; She has a dog named Buddy, and that dog is huge in every way! Once our family went over there and as soon as I was withins 100 feet from him, he charged at me and started biting me and it took 2 people to get him off of me. There's also this bar at Granny Joe's house that she uses to hang clothes on. All my cousins have been able to jump and swing on it but I never could jump high enough to reach it until about last year...now all I have to do is reach up ane grab a hold of it and swing.

Well, you've met my family and I should get off now.

Luke A.

14 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Luke, what a great post! You did an awesome job. Your comments on the S's blogs crack me up! I'll have them post tomorrow so you'll have something new to read.

The email address you asked for is animalkid@insightbb.com. If you email him, email me to let me know you emailed him, because otherwise he probably won't check his email.

I will have them read your post tomorrow as part of their language arts (that's fun school, right!) Right now, it's 3:12 am so I don't think I'll wake them up right now!

Have a great day!

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Hi Luke

I like your post. It's too bad that you can't put more pictures on there. Sam and I have the same birthday, but we can't marry each other (thank goodness!).

See you later in cyberspace.

Sophia

Luke R. said...

Thanks for posting in the past 10 hours! I'm touched again. and It would be a tragedy if you and Sam got married, right sophie!

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I'm glad I can't marry Sophie too! Having her as a sister is hard enough.

Sam

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Sam...be nice.

Sherry (Sam's mom)

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Good pics of your mom and dad and by the way if I were to choose what the 3 cutest looking babies were, Drew would be one of them.

Love,
Seth

Laurie and company said...

Luke, you have a future in either writing or comedy! You are a funny kid!
I love the pic of your mom and dad...one can see where all 3 of you get your good looks!
See ya soon!
Mrs. (Laurie) Young

Laurie and company said...

Hey Luke,

Nice job on your blog!

Today I got my own blog here it is,
http.//twobravehearts-athomemama.blogspot.com

good job,
Will

Luke R. said...

Hey, Will,
I couldn't get on your blog. For some reason, when I typed in the address you gave me, the computer told me "the blog page could not be found". What happened? Could you re-give me the address?

--Luke

P.S. Thanks for thinking I did a good job on my post.

Laurie and company said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie and company said...

sorry 'bout that..we deleted our comment..we put the wrong blog address in...so here it is...

http://twobravehearts.blogspot.com

hope you can find it ok, and if not, just let us know!

Luke R. said...

I just want to tell everyone that I hate the new pic of myself up above the "welcome to my world" thing. Its up there because I hated the other one waaaaay more than this one.
-Luke

Luke R. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill and Crew said...

Great post!
Austin say's hi.
Have fun on you trip!

Alisha